Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Macaroni Salad and Mitch's 20th

Today is my sister Mitch's 20th birthday. I can't believe she's no longer a teenager. She'll be forever 16 in my head! Anyway, I think it's something to be celebrated about, I mean when you're already in your 20s it just sounds SO mature, right? It's even a big thing in countries like Japan and Korea--their version of our traditional 18th debut or something.

Last midnight I was up until 3 studying and watching first few episodes of Heroes Season 2. And the funny thing is, my mom made this macaroni salad while I was reading my stuff and I ate some, ate a couple of bowls, okay I think I had four (big thing...haha!) and it was really heavy in the stomach. I told myself, I'd stay up a bit more and watch with Mitch instead. Then after two hours of sleep--I woke up at 5:30, I had that macaroni salad again for breakfast because I was running late. But I still managed to eat a couple of servings again because I love it!

And so, when I got back home from school around 11, I had it AGAIN for lunch and NOW we have nothing else to eat for merienda so guess what I'm eating...that macaroni salad again! Haha!

I'm just so addicted to its sweet and sour taste. Yum! But I'm kind of paranoid about what'll happen to me afterwards. There's this short story by Haruki Murakami entitled Crabs. Well, it's obviously about crabs. There's this married couple who went on a vacation at this Asian country (I can't remember at this moment) and there's this crab restaurant that serves wickedly delicious crab which they ate for 3 consecutive days!

Then one night, the man suddenly woke up sweating and nauseous, went straight to the bathroom and vomited his guts out! Not literally, but he vomited so much, worms and something greenish-bile started to come out as well. I'll let you know if the same thing happened to me. But it's not that I want to! *eep*

No comments:

Post a Comment