Thursday, June 11, 2009

And we frolicked about in our summer skin

I went swimming this morning and I had the entire pool for myself when I got there. After awhile though there was this little girl in purple bathing suit. She looked to be about 7-8 years old with her tiny, skinny figure struggling to keep her head above the 5 ft deep water. She could have had the kiddie pool for herself if she wasn't so determined. Maybe she felt lonely there by herself and I didn't mind the company. I smiled and waved and immediately we became friends.

That's what I admire about kids, you smile at them and be friendly and pretty soon you're talking like you've known each other your whole life. And you haven't even told each other's names yet.

At one point of our conversation she surprised me by asking what is the one thing I fear the most. I knew the answer and thought that she wouldn't understand it yet and cried, "Cockroaches!" instead. And she went on about how she dislikes rats and violent dogs, and how she was going to be a sister quite soon and that her name is Xyna and some kid died at the kiddie pool. 

3 comments:

  1. some kid died at the kiddie pool...

    "California here we come right back where we started from..." lalala. This song's nice, I have it in my playlist, different version nga lang...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And someone slashed their wrist at the restroom. I dunno if I believed her though. Hehe. This version kind of goes with the mood, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some kid died at the kiddie pool?
    No wonder she didn't swim there :P

    ReplyDelete