Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Cognitive Appraisal at Work

Epictetus, a Greek philosopher, once said that "men are disturbed not by things but by the views they take of them". The moment I chanced upon this line on my Abnormal Psychology handout, I swear, it was like my saving grace. Like an answered prayer that made its own way to meet the questions I haven't even started asking. I tell you, I haven't been so thankful for the things I'm learning in this course because just recently (this may sound ass-crazy but I'll tell anyway) I psychoanalyzed myself! And I've never felt better. Man, this is so going to be hazardous on my future reputation. *laugh times infinity*

3 comments:

  1. It isn't ass-crazy at all! Haha. I totally get what you mean. :)And I can same with you :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh kasi naman I really thought of a counseling appointment with myself as the patient in my head. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. that quote, man! pareho pala tayo ng nabasa. and I posted it in my desk! i just can't get it out of my head. :))

    ReplyDelete