Saturday, August 01, 2009

Quiet Discoveries

DSC07454xx

Eka turned 19 today. We had dinner—just us girls and it was a nice feeling without boyfriends around for a change. :D

It was raining so hard when I met up with Paige and April. It was a bad idea to wear a brown cotton jacket because raindrops were visible on it, so by the time I got to National Bookstore, my jacket donned dark spots. Darn rain. Paige's boots were exceptional. Must have one soon.

The downpour had no sign of stopping when we arrived at Brother's Burgers (Burger's Brother for Paige hehe!) but it stopped when of all us got there. Gluttony and gossip happened; from batch mates to lower years, no story is safe from Andre and Eka's rumor radars.


We then stopped by at Cafe Breton for desserts, and by stopping by I meant we were there until closing time. Eka and Andre had to go home early though. So the three of us, April, Paige and I were the ones left. We talked about love, feeling old, self-fulfilling prophecies and Aristotle and Plato and Homer. We were so amazingly random.

When we finally decided to go home, we ran across the empty highway and it was exhilarating. I had this exact scene in the short story I'm working on. The wind was cold and our hair went everywhere.


Got home around 1 am. Early early early. Very soon, I'll be the next to grow old.

3 comments:

  1. Talagang boobs ko yung first photo noh? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siyempre! Highlight of the entry yan. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Gluttony and gossip happened; from batch mates to lower years, no story is safe from Andre and Eka's rumor radars."

    - i'm guessing, she (andre) talked about me. tsss. that girl. she just won't stop.

    ReplyDelete