Sunday, August 16, 2009

"We were infinite."

I just finished reading Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and I'm not sure if I liked or loved it but its the first honest book I've had in a while. It's a coming-of-age novel about sexuality, drugs, cigarettes and all those awkward moments in adolescence. I wish I've read it way back when I didn't know much about things. Not that I'm saying I know a lot now. There is too much to learn and still much more that can't simply be put into words. Or in writing.

To be honest, it was quite very "young" on the first part, whatever that means. But as the story develops, one can't help but relate to the main character, Charlie. His words were very real to me, like some of it were part of my own or a fragment from somebody else's feelings.

I think the reason why he sent those letters, (the entire novel was written in a form of letters) was because often than not, the things we really want to say comes out easier when it doesn't come out from our own lips. And perhaps, why he sent to it to someone whom he does not even know or won't even write back is because we just want to get things our of our system, without restraint, without thinking of what the person you are telling these things had in mind, or without worrying what they'd have to say.

I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment