Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm late for school and I don't care.

I knew it was just pure luck or Mother Nature has her own way of saying Happy Birthday to me when not a single drop of rain fell that day. God must’ve heard me praying while I lie fully awake the entire night. I could not sleep a wink.

We had lunch at Tokyo Tokyo and found out that they were no longer serving free rice. You have to pay 5 pesos for extra rice now. Boohoo. And I realized that only a year ago, we were on the same place, probably eating the same thing, with the same people plus new ones. How time flies.

After classes, Raf, Kayle, Paola and I went to Quiapo. Its funny how I pass that place every weekdays but never been in it. As expected, it was swarming with people that a second you try to stop, you will cause human traffic or get bumped by a pedicab.

I am not in the mood to tell stories now. All good things come to an end. On my way home I received a text from my dad saying that my grandma died this afternoon. To be honest, I felt nothing about that bad news but what I was worried about was my mom. Never have I experienced that someone in my immediate family has died, I didn't know how to react.

So anyway when I got home, I helped my mom pack her things. The entire family's going to the burial without me. They wanted me to come, para daw magkaroon naman kami ng idea sa mga ganitong bagay, but I have classes. So I'm home alone with Jing, our kasambahay, for a week or two?

I was helping mom put her clothes in a bag when she told me, hindi pa ako makaiyak. It was one of those moments when you don't know what to reply and hope its as easy as those in telenovelas where your lines are already written out for you.

6 comments:

  1. It was your birthday. We'll have another of those birthdays on tomorrow. I miss you na

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww. sorry for that bad news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Wala lang. Just had to let it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this news, and on your birthday pa!! Pero am so touched naman that you thought of how your mom felt.

    Happy birthday, Jecs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you po. :) It was really hard kasi its rare that I get to see my mom cry. And when she does, I don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete