Tuesday, November 17, 2009

We are transparent than we think we are

My mother surprises me at times. And though I seldom SELDOM asks my parents for advice regarding my interpersonal relationships, most of the time, mothers do know best. At the church last Sunday while we were waiting for the mass to begin, I opened a conversation to my mom who was sitting beside me. I said, "There's someone, well, not courting but..."

"Who? You?" interrupted Mother. "No, no. Paige." I replied. And added that the guy was already around 25 and asked "It's kinda too old right?" and expecting she'd be shock and ask lots of unnecessary questions, interestingly, she said no. "Even if Paige's just 18?" I demanded. There was nothing wrong about it; it even seemed to her that it was the perfect age for Paige considering that she's the type who needs to be controlled and dominated over. I laughed to myself. "She shouldn't be getting someone like Kim," she added. "Bagay lang yun kay April kasi isip bata siya." HAHAHA!

I told her that it was amazing how she knows my friends well when in fact they only meet on rare occasions. It was because the four of us have such distinctive personalities that it was easy to tell us apart. "So what's my personality?" I asked after a moment of thought. It wasn't exactly something I'd get to hear her say so I was almost hesitant. "Ah ikaw, ikaw yung tatahi-tahimik pero nasa loob yung kulo." (verbatim) HAHA! We both laughed, and not wanting to get further into that, I asked about Eka and she said she's the provocative one. XD

7 comments:

  1. isa lang masasabi ko kay Violet B. if I was there: AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! I wonder ano naman kaya masasabi niya if ever she meets BF. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grabe naman! Provocative >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang cool naman ng mom mo haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eka: Tamang-tama naman ah. >=)

    Towi: Oo nga eh, ganun ba talaga ako? XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, she met me already, diba? Kaso, that was a long time ago...still, I'm curious.. Ha ha! so try asking her about me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahem. I've been singled out. I think I've been misunderstood? LOL Its not that I want to be dominated and stuff. The relation between age and dating just escapes me, and I don't think 25 is not old at all. LOL

    ReplyDelete