Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I started watching the movie Into The Wild at the beginning of this year and its only now that I was able to finish it. There is sooo much to say about that film. Its something you don't just talk about; its something you have to see for yourself. There's this one part of the film I loved most (probably because it hit the point where I can most relate to as of the moment but there's tons of it where it came from), where Alex was seating beside Ron on a mountain top.

Ron: I'm gonna miss you when you go.

Alex: I'll miss you too, Ron. But you're wrong if you think that the joy of life comes principally from human relationships. God has placed it all around us, its in everything; it could be anything we could experience. People just need to change the way they look at those things.

EDIT: I wrote this 15 minutes PRIOR to the real ending, and now that it really has ended (listening to the ending song as I write), I am terribly, terribly sad. /EDIT

No comments:

Post a Comment