Friday, January 29, 2010

We have yet to meet.

To my beloved, who
despite my irregularities,
thrive in awe
in me and all of my most beautiful ordinariness;
You who find ease
in my most profound silence
when I have lost
my ability to think coherently,
forgive me if I have not
even once,
succeeded in concealing my deepest flaws.
I am only asking
that you see through all these pretenses,
for when you triumphantly
wage against the battles
I've put up to enclose me
it will be like curtains slowly parting;
ice softly melting;
secrets quietly unfolding.

And dear beloved,
we have yet to meet.
And when we do,
we shall no longer be strangers,
only strangers to ourselves.

3 comments:

  1. Hi. My name is towi. Have we met before?

    juk.

    Do you really want to meet someone else other than the one(s) that you have met already?

    buwaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! Clever. I don't know, I feel that there's still someone I haven't met yet that I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's John Mayer.

    Yeah, I have to meet him too.

    ReplyDelete