Saturday, April 03, 2010

A week later.

Alone


"I felt as if the only thing that made sense was to keep going back and forth between 18 and 19." -Watanabe, Norwegian Wood

I've been reading Murakami again to get away from the dullness of the past few days. When I'm into the book, I have this mental picture of what happens; like I'm directing the dialogue or from what angle each scene will start or how the characters enter the frame--all in my mind. Kind of relaxing really, to at least control that much. Even if its just in your head. In other words, daydreaming. I'd like to share a glimpse of my weekend (minus the Tanduay Night over at April's because my brain felt like someone else's after just two bottles!) in form of a 3 minute incoherent series of videos but blogger takes forever to upload. Maybe tomorrow.

Today is 'tomorrow':

8 comments:

  1. jeka! we'll see each other in a few days. haha, yeah right. matagal magupload ng pic sa blogger. and i miss my digicam, it isn't working. :( btw, what's the best book of murakami can you suggest to me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PJ! I'm so glad you asked. Hehe! Well so far 5 pa lang nababasa ko from him and from that I must say magsimula ka muna sa Norwegian Wood. Mga novels kasi niya usually don't have a definite ending na parang sa last page ng libro you might say "So what then?"; you might want to get use to that. Like yung book na After Dark and Kafka on The Shore. I'll lend you one if you like, collection of his short stories. (Ang dami kong sinabi.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should definitely agree on how Murakami leaves you all hanging the moment you reach the last page of his book. Lol .XD I'm currently reading his memoir about running, btw. :) I miss you, Soulmate! Great concept on the vid. Good job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glad! You should lend your Murakami's, you know. :) I'm happy to hear you've started reading again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. ang ganda ng vid! :X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Towi. Buti hindi ka nabore. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw. Girl! Three thumbs up! HAHA! But I only have two. :)) I've only read 1 Murakami novel, and I liked it. I actually like how you're left hanging in the end. It's a comfort for me. It makes me feel that nothing is definite in this world. Everything doesn't always go as planned or as you see it. It's scary, but at least when everything seems hopeless you know that anything can change, blah, blah. AND...it's a sense of immortality, because we all know we're mortal. Not like almost every other books that gives you an ending. Then what? It's THE END. already. No more to it.

    HAHA! and DAMI kong sinabi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, you read After Dark nga pala! :D Dami mo nga sinabi, its okay. Goes to show you were so passionate about your ideas. hehe!

    ReplyDelete