Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Dream

Morocco & Spain from Mike Matas on Vimeo.

It has always been my dream to travel. I'd give the people behind the travel shows on Discovery channel and Nat Geo a pat on the back for doing a great job on making me feel limited and frustrated for seating on the couch while they show you the awesomeness of the world you will only get to experience if you have enough dough.

And then there's this couple. And this video this guy made with his girlfriend when they traveled through Morocco and Spain. Lucky bastard; got a nice girlfriend travelling with him on a nice place, carrying a nice, flashy Canon 5D Mark II, and get this: with seven different f*cking lenses! Niiiiice.

And when you dream of a dream, this little fantasy you like to play inside your head once in a while, you see yourself living in it up in your own imagination. And recently, I don't see myself alone. It'd be really nice to do this with someone, you know; I take the pictures, we walk through the unfamiliar places, experience things for the first time, and talk to people and realize there are no strangers in this world, only people you haven't met yet.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome vid! :)

    BTW, I like this post. It's like a "I'm-not-so-sure-I'm-ready-to-be-honest-with-myself/the world-but-I-feel-like-I'm-willing-to-take-the-risk" kind of post. I told you, you haven't lost your touch. Haha! I'm happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, write something for cheese's sake! LOL!

    ReplyDelete