Saturday, March 19, 2011

Encircled

So we had this talk with our guidance counselor last night and I learned something new about myself. Or rather, I knew this all along and the talk just reassured it. In a nutshell, it's all about me and this feeling I can't stand whenever something personal is put on the table. I thought about this last night whilst I was in bed waiting for sleep, and I reached a conclusion: I have been so used at being 'calm and collected', always in control of my emotions, that once faced in a situation where I don't know how to react, I turn into a lamb; trembling amongst the wolves.

We think we know ourselves at least to that certain extent that you don't surprise yourself anymore. Leave it to a good counselor and all your buttons show up for all the world to see. Press the wrong ones and chances are, you'll blow up beyond repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment