Sunday, May 01, 2011

Day 18 - Beliefs


I've always wanted to read Tuesdays With Morrie but didn't have the chance to until Marko recently lent me a copy. My philosophies in life are more or less reflected by Morrie's beliefs: that most of us are half-asleep, keeping ourselves busy with things that aren't worth it, and that we all can reach our full potential if we do not have such wrong priorities and worldly distractions.

He talked about death and how we can only begin to really start living the moment we realize we will die someday. I'm still not used to this. I'm like all the other people out there who, according to Morrie, know they will die but doesn't fully realize it. One of life's ironies is that we need to be introduced to the bad side of things in order for us to appreciate the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment