Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 2 - Future


Where would you like to be in 10 years? Oh, future. It's as bleak as a Peeping Tom looking through layers of bathroom curtains, you can't even make out the form of the silhouette. I try not to think about it, I've realized long before that if I'm not present-oriented, I tend to dwell on the past. And film photography reinforces it! You see, pictures, they are all but frozen memories. And as much as I enjoy it, there lies this thought that what it is, is all that there is now. (What?)

But you see, we humans, we can't help ourselves but think about the what could bes, the what ifs, daydreaming as if there aren't more important things to think about. I am guilty beyond reasonable doubt! And though I am no fan of the future, I believe in what R. Greene said that,
"If you have a long-term goal for yourself, one that you have imagined in detail, then you are better able to make the proper decision in the present."
Ain't that a beauty? So ten years from now I am 30. With two kids: a boy age 5 & and girl age 3; working in a reputable company with a reputable job that doesn't keep me from doing photography and baking on the side. I travel from time to time with my husband and kids because we love going to places, and my children are sun-burnt from always spending time under the sun and our photo albums will be as fat as our bellys. Yeah, that would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment