Wednesday, September 28, 2011

10 Things I Know To Be True

I watched this video a few months back on a blog. In that video, spoken word poet Sarah Kay talks about how she teaches the art to young students. It inspired the blogger I have discovered this from to write her own "10 Things I Know To Be True" (one of the ways Sarah Kay gets her students to write poetry) and now I am writing my own list that I have thought hard at during the whole of September, when I turned 21.

1. "There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -Sylvia Plath
2. Life is hard and it can be cruel. But there is so much awesomeness in it too.
3. The best way to live life is through "The Middle Way"
4. The only thing you can control is yourself.
5. Thoughts have an immense influence on our behavior.
6. I miss him so much.
7. There's really nothing like a good music to make you feel better.
8. Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly.
9. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything.
10. Easiest way to be happy is by learning to appreciate.

I sure know more truths than these but there's a whole lot more that I haven't figured out yet. One thing is for sure, Sarah Kay is amazingly inspiring. Here is one of her poems that I love. Ah, the clever wordplay!

No comments:

Post a Comment