Sunday, January 01, 2012

My Playlist Will Make You Sleepy

I think Facebook's timeline is sheer genius. And the cover photo is the tip of its brilliance. Honestly, I was reluctant to join the bandwagon but then the cover photo lured me in. Imagine the pictures you can put up in that massive space! It screams the person's personality and its a good spot to highlight whatever moment, or people or whatnot. If only its not irritating, I would change my cover photo each week showing all the bands I love. Which brings me to this thought I've been having recently: how come most of the band I love don't make albums anymore. I mean, Phoenix, Passion Pit, Snow Patrol, Temper Trap!!! What's taking you guys so long? #demanding much

In the meantime, I have met new loves to compensate my needs for some eargasmic experience. I've discovered Two Door Cinema Club, Foster The People, Foals, and The National (!!!) Thank heavens for Torrent. Mumford & Sons is currently downloading but internet won't cooperate. Ugh. I wish I'd meet a guy who likes the same music I do. He doesn't need to listen to the exact same bands, it'll be cool if I discover new ones through him. Then I won't have to stay up late waiting for downloads to finish. Haha. Then we'd go to concerts together. Death Cab For Cutie is coming to the Philippines on March according to Rico Blanco on Facebook! I was on the bus when I thought if I'd go, who would I be going with?

5 comments:

  1. Peram ko sa iyo si Kaylee for a night. :)) Para manood ng concert ng Death Cab for Cutie. not a fan kase. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lights
    St Vincent
    Stars
    Arctic Monkeys
    Alex Turner
    Brooke Fraser
    Casey Dienel
    Boy and Bear
    Seeker Lover Keeper
    She & Him
    The Smiths
    The Virgins
    The Strokes
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Young the Giant
    Zee Avi
    Newton Faulkner
    Andy Grammar
    New Young Pony Club
    Mutemath
    The Nationals
    Imogen Heap

    Let me know how you like these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. American alternative rock band Death Cab for Cutie (DCFC) will be having a LIVE concert here in Manila, Philippines on March 5, 2012 as confirmed by Rico Blanco through a Facebook post. Check out his FB post below.


    No confirmation from DCFC so far. If they do, I'm definitely down for that concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listen to the ff:

    Stars
    Arctic Monkeys
    The Strokes
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    The National - (very much loved!!!!)
    Imogen Heap (but I like Frou Frou better idk)

    I shall give the other bands a listen to once i have time (oh time i seem to never have enough) ;) Young The Giants sounds promising

    I like Tokyo Police Club, Bloc Party... they don't make albums anymore din :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh janelle monae is amazing! :D

    listen to
    neon valley street and 57821

    Dirty Projectors - Two Doves
    - Fluorescent Half dome

    Angus Julia Stone - For you
    yellow brick road
    and the boys

    ReplyDelete