Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Stealing Glances on Possibilities


So let me sum up what my almost non-existent social life has become now. Haha! Really, is not that bad. I have been working really hard lately; waiting for updates from several positions I've applied for in our company, one being the HR Coordinator I was lucky to have been shortlisted in. I underwent this brief interview with one of the HR Managers just recently and we got along really well. I'll have my fingers crossed for that, but I won't let my hopes high. And earlier today, I got to talk to the team manager for the project coordinator position I also applied for. The odds seemed to be on my favor for a change.

With that being said, I feel like I'm no longer stuck to this job I'm currently at. It's true that while I have some days where I'm this close to giving up, I have other days where I leave the office anticipating to go back and do better. Our company really provides such big room for us to grow. And I've always believe that good things come to those who wait. And nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Before this entry crashes itself into more words of wisdom, let me steer you down the memory lane. I've been having several productive rest days since this year started; processing this thing I'm not supposed to divulge yet. Hehe! And I've been spending time with friends! Money earned from hard work spent on mouthful of good food and midnight rendezvous but I must say, its better spending them on experiences than on things that are bound to be broken.

And last night, I listened to Death Cab for Cutie's Transatlanticism album on repeat and just before I fell asleep, I think I kind of finally defined love. Yehaaah, I know so corny. I was trying to understand my love for this band and for all other songs that do not mean a thing on the surface (but seemed to speak for all those feelings you have not even tried giving words for). So anyway, I think love is the sum of the little pieces the whole is made up of. Simple as that.

2 comments:

  1. wow, congrats to that, jek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kinilig ako sa definition of love.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete