Sunday, April 01, 2012

Foolproof April

Last Friday, March 30 2012, was one of the worst days of my life in the office. There has been a new system introduced and of course, the entire populace had to undergo a week-worth of training which meant pulling number of people from work for that period of time which inevitably caused a torrent of calls and emails. This has been going on ever since February started and I hope it'll end soon around April. God knows how stressful work has been lately for everybody. 

But anyway! Last Friday was the end of my training and whilst I juggle 80 emails and getting the hang of the new system, we had the misfortune of taking few calls on top of that. In hindsight though, it was really not that bad. I kind of missed talking to our clients in real time and not just correspond to them through emails for a change. But doing both at the same time, NO freaking way. I took one hour of unpaid overtime just to finish my emails. I could have had it deducted but it would look good in my productivity anyway. So I persevered. 

I can't help but feel that March had its sick way of saying goodbye. And April has arrived without a moment's hesitation. 

Right after I left the office, I went to KFC to try the bacon cheesy pasta and fries. Muy delicioso. Haha! It was around 1am I think, I was sleep-deprived, zombie-like, and there I was stress-eating my way to one of my colleagues' condo where I spent the night. Or rather, the remaining few hours before 4am. 

At 5am, Kim and I met up with Pat and Mitch and the four of us hopped on the bus to Tagaytay. We visited this church, offered our prayers, and then spontaneously decided to eat bulalo at Leslie's. I don't know why people always have to eat bulalo when they're in Tagaytay! But I had to try it at least once in my life HAHA And man, was the bulalo mucho delicioso! It turned out to be a good thing that we stood at the side of the road for what seemed like an hour waiting for another bus en route to Calatagan; all the calories were burned off by the heat and all those laughing. In the bus, we slept. All the way to Batangas. The driver had to wake us up and we were one of the few passengers left when we got off!

Untitled

The main reason for the trip was to spend the weekend at Golden Sunset resort. Buhay baboy! All we did was eat and sleep. We swam for the first night and the next day (and I've never been happier because its been ages since I've been in water haha) Pero in between, we slacked off like expert bums!

We also talked about how most of us can't help but feel burnout from work; some of us has been nurturing the idea of leaving the job, the company, and eventually leaving each other (chos, ang drama). I don't see myself resigning anytime soon though. Sure, rough days come, but I'm training myself at looking at the bigger picture. If such thing exists.

I'm glad we made this weekend trip happened, it almost didn't! April is going to be tough but I'm going to work my way through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment