Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A night of collective awesomeness

Untitled

Sometime in April, I went out with Jemee and Memo. I was obviously the third wheel but I didn't mind, it was greaaat. We watched this movie called The Lucky One where I saw Zac Efron in a totally different light, the kind that send shivers down your spine and makes you sweat a bit at the same time, both in a good way. Lol! Then we drove to Guijo to meet up with few other college friends: Kimi, Rossann, and Nina. I haven't seen them since graduation! 

Untitled

Untitled
(those spicy chicken wings)
Untitled
(sando girls)
Nevermind the heat, cramped space, and loud music, we endured hours of waiting for Up Dharma Down to get on the stage. There were several note-worthy bands who played before them; I remember just closing my eyes, savoring one of Encounters With A Yeti's tracks as they perform, my head slowly dancing along with Sleepwalk Circus' music, almost intoxicated by the flickering lights and the repetitive beats. Both remind me of Toe. 

Untitled

When Up Dharma Down finally appeared, I remember it was already 3 am because Armi said something about the witching hour before she sang. The rest of the night (or should I say very early morning) was blurred into the mix of sweat slowly making its way down my face, Kimi and I standing on chairs along with few other people just to see the band, singing along our favorite UDD songs, and feeling every words. This band will always have a place in my heart. I left my camera in Memo's car before we battled inside saGuijo fearing Shadow wouldn't stand the heat so obviously, I left with no photos of the bands playing too. Boohoo. But its just like what Ruthee said to me recently, we can never take that perfect moment because we are too busy living it. Oh well, I'd rather have it that way, anyway.

Untitled

We had breakfast at Tokyo Tokyo after the show and we left when the sky has finally cleared. The night has officially ended. Memo was so kind enough to drop Jemee and I home. Nakarating na din ako sa bahay ni Jemee! Hehe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment