Thursday, August 23, 2012

Am I Living It Right?

Other people's words sang and taken to heart
My own Before Sunset on a desolated parking lot

You know how you remember a certain moment or person when you hear a specific song. If I'm not mistaken, its this part of our brain called amygdala that stores memories associated with emotional events. The night Paul and I went to the Spot out of spontaneity, we sang John Mayer's 'Why Georgia'. I thought to myself, after tonight, Paul's face will involuntarily pop up in mind's eye whenever this song is played. I will also take comfort in the fact that at one point, I let myself be totally honest to another person, even just for a little time, and it felt great. Liberating. Kinda scary but it felt nice for a change.

"Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young." -  Baz Luhrmann, Sunscreen. Oh, friends! There are a lot of you I miss I sometimes wonder if you miss me too. 

2 comments:

  1. "Oh, friends! There are a lot of you I miss I sometimes wonder if you miss me too."

    ReplyDelete