Monday, August 20, 2012

Capitol


A friend of mine, Jem, underwent surgery last June. We came to visit her one Sunday morning at the Capitol. I've never been admitted to a hospital, you know. The only time I had to spend a night at such place was when my mom had a colon cancer and had it removed. Dark times. I'm glad its all past me now. Hospitals make me sick and depressed. That's why we should always see to it that we're healthy, so we can visit our loved ones and keep them happy. Hahaha! Sabaw. It's 1:32 as I write and just got home from work. 


We had an early dinner at Johnny Rockets somewhere in Tomas Morato afterwards. Food was okay. Nothing special. Little did I know we were all in for a treat: the restaurant crew performed a small dance number which I thought was kinda funny. The manager was so into it!


What stayed with me during the entire encounter, however, was the conversation I shared with Ruth, Sugar, and Pau on a moving MRT on our way home. I'm not quite sure how it all went down but we talked about: fears of not having a secure future, not knowing what we really want, pressures of being single, and how being a Psychology graduate and having so many choices on a career path is both a blessing and a curse (in no particular order). Did I miss any early-adolescent issue out? We have so many of those these days, I can hardly keep up.

I love random yet honest conversations that make you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment