Thursday, October 18, 2012

Semi-colons on a loose

I was watching live performances of Urbandub on Youtube when I got home from work. Its only been, what? few months since I've been on a gig, it feels so much longer than that. I miss the sound of electric guitars just before the band starts playing or the vibrations the speakers emit the moment the bass is drawn back and snapped forward. The drumbeats (need I say more?)! The almost deafening aftermath of a song; the maddening heat and those sweat cascading from your forehead. Oh, and the strangers around you, some lovers hidden in the dark; the breath you forgot to take from being immensely in the moment: too much you're almost one with the lyrics. Or lost in it. There are a lot of things I miss, really. Surprisingly, tonight, you're not one of them. 

2 comments: