Thursday, November 01, 2012

Because I tend to overshare on the web

I wanted change and change I have been granted. With this new position I've been assigned to at work, I was, as expected, met with a few adjustments: unfamiliar tasks, different work schedules, and of course, a fresh set of teammates. But I survived the first week alive. Hurrah! I started the second week with a monthly meeting where we had a mini welcome party for me and Ja (a colleague who joined in just a month before me).
New team in black | Previous team in 70's theme (photo by Elise)
There is really nothing I can complain about now. I mean, I can if I want to but there will come a time when you just stop; it gets exhausting, if you do it long enough. I was scared at first to a point where I'd be glad if I didn't get accepted because acceptance would mean stepping out of the comfort zone. But I also wanted to break free from the routine. I was propelled by something I read in passing, about how a smooth sea never made a skillful sailor. "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for." - Grace Hopper

Photos from Ms. Reggie's cam
I'm writing this now because my body clock is fcuked up by being in the graveyard shift again. Hey its the first of November! And I have a lot of things to look forward to, what a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment