Saturday, March 16, 2013

CWC: We went wakeboarding

Cows crossing the road, no big deal 
Camsur Watersports Complex
All geared up
Beginners' corner hihi
On our last day in Naga, we went to CWC for an entire day of wakeboarding. This was the first time I tried a water sport apart from, well, swimming? Does it even count. Anyway, I remember seeing more than a couple of foreigners who look like professional wake-boarders and we made sure we went to the other side, the more private side of the park, to avoid embarrassment. Hee! Those guys were flying in mid air with their long, big-ass boards and I was stunned watching them do tricks (and admiring their well-sculpted abs). They made it look super easy!

I almost didn't reach the other side after what seemed like 10 trials! My friend Kaye was able to cross it at first try. There is such a thing as beginner's luck, I decided. And if the coach did not make me ride with him (imagine: me squatting in between his legs with our arms being towed by a cable) I couldn't have done it on my own. Afterwards, it seemed fun and I even wanted it as a hobby. Well, a year has gone by but I never had the chance to do it again. Haha! Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment